A Quick Human Development Questionnaire
How Old Is Your Soul?
Please answer the questions honestly, but quickly. Choose the answer that best describes your thoughts, feelings, and behaviors consistently over time.
A. How do you listen to people’s personal sharing?
- I pause until they are done talking and then I say what I want to say.
- I don’t pay much attention to the content of their words, but I do notice their tone of voice and gestures.
- I sense their feelings and attempt to respond to their emotional needs.
- I hear souls communicating their true life story and what they need to fulfill their destiny. I also hear souls extending the help I need to process and surmount my own individual life story.
- I hear spiritual communication, no matter who appears to be speaking.
B. A psychologically healthy person is:
- Someone who has never seen a mental health professional.
- Someone who avoids the heavy stuff–staying upbeat and light-hearted.
- Someone who enjoys life and tries to make a contribution.
- Someone who is working on their psychological issues and making this a priority.
- Someone who has found their spiritual nature and is allowing this nature to elevate every aspect of their lives.
- are, like everything else, a means to know Our Creator and ourselves.
- are what key us into what is going on around us and within us. Their presence and full range of expression can be life-saving!
- are best expressed physically – through action.
- can be positive or negative. We enjoy the positive ones and do our best to control the negative.
- a sign of weakness in those who lack self-control.
D. Spirituality is:
- A crutch for those who need outside support.
- Following the rules and roles which God decrees.
- Being loyal to your place of worship and those in leadership there.
- A path of growth. Devout members of a faith seek to help one another grow in every aspect of life.
- Prayerfully employing each moment in life as a means to further heaven on earth.
E. Parenting is a matter of:
- Making your kids do exactly what you want, with severe consequence for disobedience.
- Rewarding good behavior and punishing bad behavior, while following the advice of those in positions of authority.
- Responsibly caring for children’s needs as defined by your culture.
- Knowing your children’s inherent wholeness, understanding the mind and emotions that are expressed in all behaviors, and nurturing each aspect of every child.
- Experiencing people as Children of God and prayerfully guiding them into living from this true identity.
- Is a reflection of our consciousness. We draw ill-health conditions to us when we need to further our human development in some way.
- Psychological problems are a significant component of ill health – suppressed thoughts and feelings must be addressed for real healing to occur.
- Is determined by genetics and lifestyle. The best treatments for illness are tangible.
- Is a matter of chance. Some people have good luck, and others have bad luck.
- Try as we might, we can slow down or speed up but never truly alter our fate in this world.
When you have finished answering the questions, please add up the exact numbers you chose for A, B, D, and E.
With questions C and F, score in the reverse manner (1=5, 2=4, 3=3, 4=2, 5=1) and add this sum to the other.
Once you have your total, divide it by 6.
<1.5 = Mineral Stage 1.5 - <2.5 = Vegetable Stage 2.5 - <3.5 = Animal Stage 3.5 - <4.5 = Child Stage 4.5 - 5 = Stage of Woman
The ultimate or most mature stage of development, the Stage of Man is not a part of this developmental assessment because the Man knows where he is in his development. This stage has nothing to do with gender. There is a Woman and Man within every human being. If we’re not aware of them, we have probably hidden them away in the unconscious mind.
I hope the results of this quiz don’t offend or upset you in any way. Please remember that this assessment is an average, based on the sum of various aspects of your individual identity, both what is conscious to you and unconscious. Know that many cultures don’t prioritize psychological growth, so people don’t grow to the extent that they are capable and often don’t know they are as young as they are, psychologically speaking. Corrupt leaders in all aspects of our society teach what is contrary to human development because the psychologically younger we are, the less we see what they are doing, and the easier we are to manipulate in going along with their greedy and destructive agendas.
Once we understand that we are stuck at a young age, we are more likely to realize and investigate the extent of abuse and neglect that stunted our growth. There are grievous consequences to stunted growth! To name just a few: the younger we are, the less we notice what is going on around us and within us, the easier we are to control, and the less our lives reflect our true nature and who we were born to be. The older we are, psychologically-speaking, the more diligent we are in deliberately seeking out what we need to progress in our human development. Remember, we can only prosper fully when every aspect of our souls is prospering!